Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday Things and Recipes

Today is finally here and its going to be a good one! I have a few things to get done at the house today and then its time to get pretty:) Our MP Ball is tonight and I am so looking forward to it. I love the chance to get dressed up and go somewhere with my honey. I can actually say that since 2006, 6 years of MP Balls, I have yet to buy a new dress. Crazy, yes. I have used past prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses, etc. Today I am wearing a gorgeous dress I bought for my cousin Christine's wedding from last year. I only wore it to her wedding so I am excited to wear it again:) This is a gorgeous shot of all of us last November. Her wedding was at Union Station in Washington DC! Needless to say, it was beautiful. 

I am going to make a new Pumpkin Spice Muffin for breakfast tomorrow, so I will let you know how they turn out! And so the "pumpkin-ness" continues....
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Did you watch the debate last night? I am not going to get into too much on the issue, but I do think it was a very good debate. It definitely made me realize, again, that the two choices come December are very different. I am voting for Romney as I believe he is the best choice. However, I was raised in to having respect for others and their opinions even if they aren't mine. I answer to God and no one else. And with that, no matter who walks into the Oval office next month, God is in control and nothing surprises him. Ok, I will get off my small soap box;)

Ok, to all my Grey's Anatomy friends.....tonight is gonna be rough;) Yes, I know, they are  not real people;) However, I am completely involved in their "lives"....;) I am so excited that I will have Amanda here to watch it with me!!!! 

I also promised you some recipes so here you go:
Garlic Cheddar Biscuits

by Rachel Layfield
Prep Time: 10 mintes
Cook Time: 25 minutes

Ingredients (12 biscuits)
  • 2 Cups Self-Rising Flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar
  • 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
  • 3 tbs. Crisco
  • 2 tbs butter
  • Parsley Flakes
Instructions
Add your flour to a mixing bowl. Cut in your crisco until it is pea size. Add milk and mix until blended. Don't over mix. Add cheese and garlic and blend. Fill your muffin pan with biscuit mix. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Melt butter and add parsley flakes. Using a basting brush and top hot biscuits with the butter mix.
Powered by Recipage
Taco Bowls

by Rachel Layfield
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients (2 Bowls)
  • Tortilla of choice
  • 1 strip of Flank Steak
  • 1/4 tsp Cumin
  • 1/4 tsp Ground Mustard
  • 1/4 tsp garlic
  • 1/4 tsp Paprika
  • Romaine Lettuce
  • tomato
  • cucumber
  • black olives
  • 3 green onions
  • Fresh shredded cheddar cheese
  • Fresh Salsa
  • 1 avocado
  • Ranch dressing
  • jalapeƱo
  • cilantro
Instructions
Marinate (4 hours-overnight) steak with spices and green onions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut up all vegetables and place in bowl. Using a flat dish, add 1 cup of warm water and 3 T of EVOO together. Soak tortillas until soft. Place two oven safe bowls onto a cookie sheet. Cover with aluminum foil and spray with crisco cooking spray. Lay tortillas over foil and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, take tortillas off bowl and bake another 5 minutes. Grill steak to your desire. Add all veggies to bowl. Top with thin sliced steak. Top with fresh salsa, cheese, and ranch dressing.
Powered by Recipage
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I hope you all have an awesome Thursday!!! Tomorrow is another edition of Flashback Friday:)

post signature


No comments: