Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Veggies

One of my favorite things about summer are all of the fresh, right off the farm vegetables and fruits! We have had some of the BEST fruits and veggies so far! Some from my mom's garden and some from our local markets. We have a couple farmers markets here in our town, and one down in Lake Charles. The one in LC has about 12 vendors and they sell all kinds of homemade goodies, pre made foods, and of course FRESH produce every Tuesday! My garden hasn't done as much as I would've liked, but for my first one, not too shabby. I will post some pictures of my produce later! And we are tilling a HUGE garden this fall, and I am really excited about it!!!! I have heard a lot about Grass-fed beef and decided to look into it. One of the vendors here has a Grass-fed beef farm and sell it already cut and packaged. I have reserved some beef and I am looking forward to trying it:) One day, I would love to raise some GF cows of my own:) I hope you all have a great weekend, and hit up your local Market if you have the chance:) I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Fresh peaches are coming out here and they are delicious! I will leave you with a picture of just some of the veggies my mom brought from her garden....
Happy Friday! RL

No comments: