Thursday, February 25, 2010

RandR and Family Time!

I cannot believe these last 2 weeks have gone by so fast! However, we are one step closer to Weston coming home for good!

These last 2 weeks were amazing! I drove to Dallas to pick Weston up on Monday morning. It was like out first date again! I had butterflies, I was shaking, and couldn't stop smiling:) I pulled up the baggage claim, and there HE was! My love, my crush, my husband! I literally slammed the car in park and ran into his arms. It was one of the best feelings I have ever felt. God's plan is beautiful, and he doesn't promise it will be easy, but that he will be there to see us through. I cannot tell you how blessed I feel to know My God had something so special planned for us! This deployment can very easily get the best of us! It is easy to see the hard in it, and not the benefits. He brought our marriage and our love for eachother to a whole new level. We both immediately felt like we were never apart. I was amazed! We picked up right where we left off. I LOVE MY HUSBAND. Even more so, I love My God! Thank you Jesus for who and what you are!

Wyatt and daddy were instant buds! For the first couple of minutes he was a little confused, but as soon as we stopped for breakfast, they were back to normal. There is nothing like seeing your spouse with your child. It is precious. They spent two weeks playing, building, wrestling, and doing "boy" things. As Weston likes to tell me, he needs to be influenced by a male:)

We did a lot of "checklist" things. We have been wanting to get an entertainment center for our living room. We have also been in the market for a new family vehicle. It is amazing how much needs to be done when you live without eachother for a year:) Needless to say, we got a lot done! We also had wonderful two weeks of familt time. We kept our cell phones on silent and the computer closed. I felt bad for some people who called to see how we were doing-some we never called back:( But, I am sure they understand.

I am even more proud of my husband now! We have overcome a huge challenge for us! We are inseperable and do everything together. But, God knew best, as always. And, I sure am glad we trusted him:) It was worth it.

Love to you all, and thank you for continued prayers!
2 more months!
Rachel

No comments: