Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The cold is here!

Well, I woke up this morning to 40 degree weather...WOOHOO. I never thought I would hear myself say that, but it is one step closer to Weston being home! Speaking of my honey, he has figued out how to get onto our blog and read it. Needless to say, that will keep me accountable with updating it;)

Wyatt is still working on walking without help. I of course, am not rushing him. But he is starting to get more daring. He is completely off breastfeeding, and solely on whole milk. He LOVES it, althought I do think he misses to closeness of nursing. So, I still cradle him while he drinks his milk:) I never gave him a bottle, so he had no transition to the sippy cup. Worked like a charm, and better for them. I guess if you don't breastfeed, it is different. Last sunday when I dropped him off at Sunday school, he screamed when I left. He is getting older in that way of knowing when I leave. But, by the time I get down the hall, I can't hear him anymore. His teachers say he loves to ride in the buggy around the church, and eat cheerios;) By the time I get him, he is exhausted and ready for lunch and a nap.

Last night I made homemade beef stroganoff with whole wheat noodles. It was delicious, and Wyatt loved it, too. That was his first eat dish...although he didn't eat much of the actual meat....We are doing better with new foods, but he still doesn't have all his teeth in yet, so there isn't much he can really chew. The 5 that he has help, though;) We are just waiting for that 6th one to come all the way in.

I am in the process of putting Weston's Christmas box together. I am sending him presents to open and a stocking filled with goodies. Hopefully that will make his Christmas a little more like home.

Thanksgiving is next week!! I can't wait. We are enjoying the holiday with Juli and her family. I couldn't ask for a better substitute for family. They are a blessing to us. Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I know I am so thankful for everything I have. Remember that is what this day is about-being thankful to the Lord for what we have. I am so thankful that I have God, my precious husband, my son, and our health. Love to you all, and thinking of you this holiday season.

PLease continue to pray for Weston. I know he is thankful for that! Be thanksul for the men and women who are spending their holidays protecting our freedom!

I love you, Babe!
Rachel

No comments: