Saturday, May 17, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

On Wednesday we went in for our 16 week check up. I was actually really excited and ready for this one because I haven't been seen since 9 weeks in Missouri. Weston and I were really excited and ready to hear how the baby and I are doing. The nurse said I was perfectly healthy, my tests were perfect, and I was just where I should be. I have gained about 7 pounds but she said that is all baby and baby is in the place it should be. We were able to hear the heartbeat for the first time, and that was an amazing few minutes! Weston is on cloud nine and I was amazed that there really is a baby in me:) The heartbeat was at 150 beats which is strong and healthy. I go back in on June 4th and then as of now, we are scheduled to have our ultrasound on June 17. I am in the process of trying to switch hopspitals. There are 2 great hospitals right beside our house and I am, at the moment, driving 30 minutes to get on post. The Army is very particular in how they do things but there seems to be no reason why I shouldn't be able to move in a few weeks. That may move my appointments up some. Either way, it doesn't matter, the baby will get here and that is all that matters! Gramma and aunties were excited to see us this weekend. I am home for Lauren's wedding and they were excited to see"us!" Weston repainted a wooden cabinet for the baby's room since I have been gone, so that is exciting, and in about 1 1/2 weeks I will be bringing a lot of stuff back home!! YAY!

Weeks So Far:17
Weight Gain: 7 pounds
Cravings: Back to my healthier diet-the junk food kick has subsided
Waist line: none-the baby is growing out
Maternity clothes-don't need shirts but oh, how I need the pants!

Baby's Heartbeat at Last Appt: 150

Love to All,
Weston and Rachel

No comments: