Monday, October 15, 2012

Weekend Recap+Oatmeal Chocolate Chips

Phew. That was a weekend. The stomach virus went through our house this past week and weekend. We so very rarely get sick and have never all been sick at the same time that it was quite the treat. Its over now and I am ready for this busy week! Among the other things I have to do this week, it was Wyatt's birthday yesterday so I am in party planning mode:) We are having a super-hero party so I have a lot to do:) Some of the girls that are coming do not have superhero clothing so I am going to throw together a few "girly" capes:)


Ok, so who watched Revenge last night?! LOVE LOVE that show. Seriously like my favorite. It is getting so good and I am dying to see where they take the show this season. I am wanting Jack and Emily to reunite and be together so much...however, I see them dragging that out for.ever.
There is another round of presidential debates this week. I am hoping it goes a bit smoother for one party. Our VP made himself look like a child at the last weeks, which then in turn just makes the president look worse. I obviously am not a fan of either, but I still think Biden needs to think about his actions affecting other people. Maybe he should stop running his mouth...and the smiling...eek. Okay, off that soapbox;)

I made some delicious cookies last night and thought I would share. What is the best way to to tell if your cookies will be good, you ask?! The dough. Yes, always go by the cookie dough. I am telling you, that is key!


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

by Rachel Layfield

Prep Time: 15 Minutes

Cook Time: 9-12 minutes

Ingredients (3 dozen)

  • 3 1/4 C Flour
  • 1 t baking soda
  • 3/4 t salt
  • 1 1/3 C soft butter
  • 1 1/4 C Sugar
  • 1 C brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 t vanilla
  • 1 package of mini chocolate chips
  • 3/4 cup oats

Instructions

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Beat butter and sugars on medium until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well and then slowly add dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop with an ice cream scoop onto cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees.

Powered by Recipage
Ok I am off to finish my Monday things but head back over here tomorrow for another week of Turn The Page Tuesday!!! I have a classic to share with you:) Halloween edition, of course! For those of you who want to know more about our Tuesday link up party, check out the link above! See you tomorrow!
post signature

1 comment:

Erica said...

It never ceases to amaze me how many ways you can make chocolate chip cookies. These ones look ahhhmazing! Yum!