Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Turn The Page Tuesday #2

It's that time again! I hope you are all able to post your favorite children's book for this week because today is....Turn The Page Tuesday!!!!!! I am so excited to share all of my books that I have a hard time choosing each week;) My brain is in overload! I hope you all had a great Monday. Even though today is back to work, school, etc...it also means it is a 4-day work week! We have a fun weekend coming up so I am already counting down:) So without further adieu, here is my children's book pick for this week!

Little Blue Truck
By: Alice Schertle

The Little Blue truck travels down the road, passing his animal friends as he goes. He "beeps" his horn, and the animals say their hellos. It starts as a normal day for The Little Blue Truck until he is
run off the road by a dump truck, who isn't considerate of others. The dump truck is too busy to concern himself with others, and he ends up putting the Little Blue Truck in a tough situation. This leads to the dump truck and the Little Blue Truck having to work together to solve a problem. Check this book out to see what happens when you work together as a team despite differences!


This book is adorable. It has such good illustrations! I actually base a book pick a lot on the pictures. If I am not impressed with the pictures, the story better be pretty good;)


This is one of the main reasons we love this book!:) One of my best friends, Elizabeth, gave this to Wyatt on his Third birthday. In it she wrote this....And Wyatt has a smile on his face every time I read it. I love it and it is very special to us, as we don't get to see "Aunt Bith" very often. But at least she can be a part of our daily story time!!:)

What special things have people written in books for your children?

For more information on "Turn The Page Tuesday" just click on the tab above!
**********************************************************************
I hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday and I will see you tomorrow for another edition of "What I Ate Wednesday!" Now go link up!!!:)
RL
Photobucket


3 comments:

ebeth said...

i love this! i'm so happy that Wyatt likes the book, and that he loves books so much in general (such a credit to you)! love you and miss you all so much! ~Aunt Bith :)

Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family said...

SUCH a cute book ... and I KNOW Wyatt loves his Aunt Bith too ;)

Rachel Layfield said...

Yes he does!!:) Thanks for checking out "TTPT" Maddy!