Friday, August 17, 2012

Family Fun with Kids #1: Atlanta Children's Museum

Looking for some Family Fun with your kids? This will be a series of posts on FUN things to do as a family that your kids will also enjoy! I will pick the place, whether my family has gone or it is some place I hear about, and I will give all information you would want to know!

The first place is The Atlanta Children's Museum. I try and take the boys somewhere new and fun every time we go home to Georgia...so this time we went to the Children's museum and had a BLAST! We spent 3.5 hours here, and I basically had to drag the boys out;) So...it is totally worth the money!!

We started with an "Adventure" in story time:)

Life in the Country

Mock Grocery Store, Adventure Mountain, and Fishing


As you can see there is TONS to do and I only posted about half of the pictures I took:) They also provide party rooms that are off to the side. You would have your own party room with a door to shut off for when you wanted to do cake and presents, gather the kids, keep your stuff, etc. They have a gift shop and a snack machine room.
One of the best things about the museum is where it is located. It is in the heart of downtown Atlanta on Centennial Olympic Park Drive. So afterwards you can venture into the beautiful park and walk around. I will give more info on the park later:)

*********************************************************
275 Centennial Olympic Park Drive NW
Atlanta, GA 30313-1827
(corner of Baker St. and Centennial Olympic Park Dr.)
Pricing:
Admission is $12.75 plus tax for persons aged 2 and above.
Children under the age of 2 are free.
Discounted tickets are available for groups of 10 or more with advance reservations. 
***Military discount with ID!***


********************************************************
Have a GREAT time during your trip to the museum!!  I hope you all have a relaxing weekend and a wonderful worship time on Sunday:)
RL



No comments: