Monday, August 6, 2012

Back to School Scripture

We sent my sisters back to school this morning! It is Lila's first day of Middle school and Ava's first day of 4th grade. I love this season and time because its an opportunity to start fresh and get ready for the holidays. However, now that I have children, and plan on having more;), it makes me realize how important it is to be praying and seeking God's plan for your child. I am reminded daily of the great responsibility I carry to guide my kids to the Lord and bring them up knowing Him. In order to do that, my walk with the Lord has to be consistent and in constant prayer. Satan is out to steal, kill, and destroy those that LOVE Jesus. Simple as that.

The most important prayer I can pray for my children is for them to come to know and accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. I also want them to be able to go to him and He be their guide, especially when they enter into school age.

Here are some wonderful and encouraging scriptures for today:

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

“The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7

“God has said,  ”Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”  Hebrews 13:5
“Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

“The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying:”I have loved you with an everlasting love, I have drawn you with loving-kindness.”  Jeremiah 31:3

********************************************************
Annie's Back to School Bible is a link I found with a great page for your young children going back to school! Hope it can be of an encouragement today!

And here is a cute idea I found of a scripture book to help us Moms remember to work with our kids and a more appealing book for our little ones:)

I hope your sweet children had a wonderful start to their first day back, and God's blessings to those who will start in the coming weeks...:) Tomorrow I will post some DIY projects and fun scripture memorization/prayer crafts to do with your families:)
Have a blessed Tuesday...I have said a prayer for all of you and your little ones!
RL

No comments: