Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Joyful Heart

The above picture is temporary until I get a picture of our decoarted new home! This is one of my favorite pictures and just sums up Christmas for me! This was our first home and we had three wonderful and memorable Christmas' there!

I have a joyful heart this Christmas season, as I always do. Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year. I love the JOY is brings. I love shopping, eating, hot chocolate and coffees, wrapping presents, ornament exhanges, seeing my husband and boys' faces on Christmas day, the music, movies, and so much more. But most of all, I love celebrating my Saviour's birth!

This is an even more important year because I have two boys whom I want to know the true meaning of Christmas-I want them to know that while the presents, the tree, the fun is all a wonderful and beautiful tradition, that is not why it is celebrated. It is celebrated because the birth of our Saviour who was born of a virgin and died to save us from our sins. There isn't a more prefect gift to recieve.

Wyatt and I are reading the Christmas story of Jesus, and I am planning on us celebrating HIS birth!

We have a lot of things to enjoy these next couple of weeks: Ornament exchanges, Christmas parties, and time with friends and family! I am soaking up every second!:)

Sending Love to all of you this season,
RL

No comments: