Saturday, May 1, 2010

A look back...

Weston has completed his first tour of duty in Afghanistan! I am so proud of him. I cannot believe how this year has come and gone...THANK YOU LORD! Here is a look back at what this past year held....

*Amanda and I became roomies from day one, and have been the best of friends since.



* I do not know what I will do when we all move apart one day.



*Weston and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary via Skype!

*My precious precious "Pops" (Grandpa) passed away. He battled cancer for 8 years, but thank the Lord he never suffered. I knew how much I would miss him when the time came, but I had no idea. My heart aches when I think of him. I think of him daily.

*I became a technician, mechanic, lawn care crew,etc..I learned a lot about myself and what I am capable of.

*My family and friends made lots of effort to visit me out here in Texas. It made things so much better.

*Wyatt turned 1! I missed Weston a lot this day, but was so proud of my baby!


*Amanda and I had fun shopping for her soon to be baby boy, Jackson!

*Holidays in Georgia! It was wonderful to be with my family in Weston's absence. I was able to get together with old friends, spend time with Sissy's and relax! Wyatt also got some good quality time with family;)

*Wyatt took his first steps!


*My 25th birthday came and went. I found out Weston was coming home a week early for RandR! It was a great surprise!

*Weston came home for RandR!!! February was a great month! I was so elated, and we were finally back together again. We did a lot in the 2 weeks he was home!!



*We have done lots in the past few months, but are anxiously awaiting our Love's return very shortly! God brought me through this with flying colors. He has made me trust and love him more. Without my faith in him, I do not know where I would be. To Him be the glory! Completely.

Thank you to all of you who have prayed and supported us~ I will soon be blogging on our life being back to normal!
Love to you all,
RL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are the best and I am so glad we both ended up in Texas together. You made this deployment bearable! Thanks Bestie!