Friday, January 1, 2010

2010! A great year it will be!

Happy New Year!

I cannot believe it is 2010. This is the year that Weston comes home from his first deployment:) We have 35 days until he is here, at home, with us! WOW! I am amazed. God brought me through this and I am so glad he did. Weston's RandR date was moved up! Now we are expecting him home around the 7th. I am beyond excited and cannot wait to see my sweetheart!

Today will be a day to remember in our family from here on out. Weston's precious grandfather passed away this morning. He was such a loving,giving,sweet man. He battled the last couple months with some minor issues, which turned into bigger issues. Thank you Jesus that you sent your son, for which now we have eternal life in You. Tom is in heaven celebrating!

We had a wonderful Christmas. I am amazed every year at how blessed I am! My parents and Weston's parents are so giving. We cam home with lots of great gifts. Nothing that compares to what Wyatt came home with. We have enough toys for an army of kids:) It was so nice being with family, visiting with friends, and traveling to DC to see my Grampa. I rarely get up there, so I am so glad we made it! Wyatt met some of his aunts and uncles for the first time! It was very special.

Speaking of Wyatt...he is officially walking. I am so proud of him. He is getting so big! He is saying a few words, as well. I have gotten him to hand me his plate and cup when he is finished eating, he can say yes, and I think he is starting to understand please and thank you. He did great in the car ride to and from Georgia.

Now we are back home, after a wonderul trip, and we are now getting ready for Daddy to come home. I have some things I am doing for Weston for when he arrives. I would tell you, but he reads this blog sometimes and I don't want to spoil it. I will fill you in when he leaves. Weston and I are planning a one night getaway when he gets here in Feb. His parents are going to keep Wyatt while he and I sneak off to Austin for a night. He has put together a incredibly romantic itinerary and I cannot wait. I LOVE surprises and being pampered. One of the things I love about Weston the most is he is always surprising me! He is VERY clever and always thinks of something to make me feel loved.

Continue to pray for our troops, their wives, and families. Thank you for those who keep us in your thoughts and prayers. You are so appreciated and loved.

Much Love and Happy 2010!
Rachel

No comments: