Wednesday, June 3, 2009

3 weeks down...February can't come soon enough!

Well, we have almost made it a month, and I am proud of Weston and I. God has given us just what we need to get through this.

Weston is doing great. He isn't able to tell me what he does every day,which really is a good thing, but he is loving every second and is glad to finally be in Afghanistan, and getting his own opinion of how things are and what is going on. He ate GOAT for dinner the other night..cool and a little scary...I don't want him catching any crazy disease;) No, I'm kidding. He's fine and I think it is pretty neat all of the things he is getting to experience. I saw a picture of him in his uniform, which is a little different now that he is deployed. I think my husband is the most beautiful man I have ever seen(just a little biased;)) He and I are able to talk everyday-sometimes less-but I am not complaining. We are using SKYPE and that is a gift from God. We feel so blessed and lucky to be able to see and hear eachother!

Wyatt and I are doing great. He keeps me plenty busy and now with the Texas heat, we have our friend the pool to keep us occupied! Wyatt loves the water. He gets tired and bored pretty quickly, but that is to be expected. He will be 8 months old on the 14th-TEARS!! I cannot believe he is already 8 months-Weston and I are so proud of him and couldn't love hime more.

Weston and I were talking a couple days ago and he suggested me working a little more with Wyatt on his steps to crawling. I didn't even think about putting him down and seeing what he was able to do. Well, Weston was right-he is definitely making progress! scary....

I have had some hurtles to jump over since he left. Us Army wives call it Murphy's law-when something happens after your husband leaves-I have had a few un-wanted guests since he left- a RATTLESNAKE and a toad. Yes, notice the rattlesnake is in all caps. I thought I might have a heart attack and die and the snakes side when I saw it. It was only a "teen" and to me it was huge!!! I went and got some snake repellent, so that better work! The toad is huge, and I don't mind him as much,I just don't like hime hopping around my patio at night!

I am going to attach Weston's address to this post if anyone wants to tell him hello!I will be in GA for a couple days at the end of June-hope to see some of you if I have time!

Love you all and God Bless our Troops!
Rachel

No comments: