Wednesday, October 1, 2008

1 Centimeter down, 9 to go:)

I had my first of my weekly checkups today. I am almost 37 weeks pregnant and moving right along. Weston was able to come with me today so that was really great! He is so excited. He keeps asking me everyday when the baby will come. All in good timing, my love:)

Anyways, I am doing great. I am 1 centimeter dialated, my cervix is softening, and the baby's head is down!!! This is very exciting, but doesn't necessarily mean anything. I could still have a ways to go, so we will see! They are going to approach a scheduled induction next week or the week after-solely for the purpose of our families getting out here. Otherwise, the baby will come when he/she wants to. I really want my mom here, and I know weston wants his parents here, so if that is God's plan, then it will work out!

I am a little more uncomfortable maneuvering, but I am strolling a watermelon around. This little baby is sweet, sweet, sweet-not that I am biased:) I feel a little crampy here and there and the baby has noticeably dropped. My doctor appointment next week will be interesting. We will see if anything has changed.

Overall I still feel great. Pray for the safe and prompt arrival of our families when the time comes, and I will let you know every detail I can!!!

This baby will be here before we know it!
Much Love
Rachel and Weston

2 comments:

Mary Lindsey said...

Aahhh! Yay! Thanks for keeping us posted!! So, I had Harper at 37 1/2 weeks, and I had all the same "readings" at my 37 weeks appointment! Can you believe that he/she can arrive any day?!?! Well, almost any day - make it to 37 weeks and you are good to go, girl! I'm going to be checking in every day! I know that everyone will be oooo-ing and ahhhh-ing over the baby (as they well should be), but please please please tell someone to send an email, update your facebook, or this blog because I WANT TO KNOW when the baby is here! :-) Love you and can't wait to see pictures!

PS You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are so close! I am SO excited for you and Weston, and it is so funny, because reading your blog, I could have written the some of the same things! I can't wait to see Greg's face when they tell us what it is! haha Please have your sisters or mom post pics on facebook and tag you ASAP so we can see Baby L! Crossing my fingers for you!